Minnesota has made great strides in the past years in regards to progressive solar policies and drastic increases in the amount of solar installed in the state. In particular, 2013 was a big year for solar policy. Below are a couple of resources outlining the developments related to distributed generation and solar in particular.
This 2-page pdf provides summarized information about the new policies affecting future distributed generation (DG) development in the state. This summary identifies several highlights relevant to DG.
The Minnesota Department of Commerce provides a great summary of the energy legislation passed in 2013.
This summary identifies several highlights relevant to distributed generation:
- Solar Electricity Standard
- Net Energy Metering
- Value of Solar Tariff
- Made in Minnesota Solar Incentives
- Solar Production Based Incentive (Xcel Energy)
- Community Solar Gardens (Xcel Energy)
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Integration and Transmission Study for Future Renewable Energy Standard
- Scoping for Renewable Energy Study
- Value of On-Site Energy Storage Study
- Value of Solar Thermal Study
- Division of Energy Resources – Energy Savings Policy – Study
- Renewable Energy Equipment Grant Program